Re: URI Comparisons: RFC 2616 vs. RDF

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:59:08 +0000
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@GMAIL.COM>
CC: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@GMAIL.COM>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@W3.ORG>
Hi Alan,

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> If you are going to make claims about the effect of other
> specifications on RDF, could you please include pointers to the parts
> of specifications that you are referring to, ideally with illustrative
> examples of the problems you are? Absent that it is too difficult to
> evaluate your claims.
>
> The conversations on such topics too often devolve into serial opinion
> dumping. If this is to be at all productive we need to be as precise
> as possible.

Good idea :)

I'll create a new page on the wiki and add some examples over the next
few days, then reply with a pointer later in the week.

ps: as an illustration of how engrained URI normalization is, I've
capitalized the domain names in the to: and cc: fields, I do hope the
mail still come through, and hope that you'll accept this email as being
sent to you. Hopefully we'll also find this mail in the archives shortly
at htTp://lists.W3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2011Jan/ - Personally
I'd hope that any statements made using these URIs (asserted by man or
machine) would remain valid regardless of the (incorrect?-)casing.

Best,

Nathan