Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

From: Vasiliy Faronov <vfaronov@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:17:56 +0300
To: Phil Archer <phil.archer@talis.com>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Peter DeVries <pete.devries@gmail.com>, public-lod@w3.org
On Пнд, 2011-01-10 at 08:55 +0000, Phil Archer wrote:
> However... a property should not imply any content type AFAIAC. That's
> the job of the HTTP Headers. If software de-references an rdfs:seeAlso
> object and only expects RDF then it should have a suitable accept
> header. if the server can't respond with that content type, there are
> codes to handle that.

RDF often comes in the form of RDFa, which doesn't have a separate media
type from that of the host language. There are also custom provisions
for RDF in OpenDocument and PDF as far as I understand.

But I agree that using a property to indicate non-RDF content might be
conflating things, as format is orthogonal to the role of the relation.

Maybe something like this could work:

	</foo> rdfs:seeAlso </bar> .
	</bar>
		a see:HumanReadableOnlyDescription ;