Re: DBpedia: limit of triples

Hi,

On 08/09/2011 02:24 PM, Hugh Williams wrote:
> The http://dbpedia.org/sparql endpoint has both rate limiting on the  number
> of connections/sec you can make, as well as restrictions on  resultset and
> query time, as per the following settings:
>
> [SPARQL] ResultSetMaxRows           = 2000 MaxQueryExecutionTime      = 120
> MaxQueryCostEstimationTime = 1500
>

> These are in place to make sure that everyone has a equal chance to
> de-reference data from dbpedia.org, as well as to guard against badly
> written queries/robots.

the restriction makes sense, I guess.

> The following options are at your disposal to get round these  limitations:

What would make the Linked Data version of DBpedia really useful is if the
RDF/XML version contained the same triples as shown in the HTML version.

If that's not possible, then I'd vote for returning first the triples with the
dereferenced URI on their subject position.

In case of [1], I'd argue that a label and description of the country is
interesting to more people/machines than random triples covering people
that were born in the country, or music albums recorded there, or other
random triples with the dereferenced URI on their object position.

Best regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://dbpedia.org/resource/Netherlands