Re: DBpedia: limit of triples

Hi

The http://dbpedia.org/sparql endpoint has both rate limiting on the  number of connections/sec you can make, as well as restrictions on  resultset and query time, as per the following settings:

   [SPARQL]
   ResultSetMaxRows           = 2000
   MaxQueryExecutionTime      = 120
   MaxQueryCostEstimationTime = 1500

These are in place to make sure that everyone has a equal chance to de-reference data from dbpedia.org, as well as to guard against badly  written queries/robots.

The following options are at your disposal to get round these  limitations:

1. Use the LIMIT and OFFSET keywords

   You can tell a SPARQL query to return a partial result set and how  many records to skip e.g.:

	select ?s where { ?s a ?o }
	LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 2000

2. Setup a dbpedia database in your own network

   The dbpedia project provides full datasets, so you can setup your  own installation  on a sufficiently powerful box using Virtuoso Open Source Edition.

3. Setup a preconfigured installation of Virtuoso + database using  Amazon EC2 (not free)

   See: http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAWSDBpedia351C

Best Regards
Hugh Williams
Professional Services