Re: Document fragment vocabulary

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure that the URI-style fragment identifiers are expressive or
generalisable enough.

There are a lot of cases where IMTs don't have defined fragment
resolution schemes. I may also want to choose between various ways to
point inside a file of a given IMT. For example, I may want to use XPath
instead of an @id to pick out a node in an HTML file (particularly if
the original author didn't provide any @id attributes).

As a further generalisation one could imagine chaining:

<#fragment> a fragment:Fragment ;
    fragment:within [
        fragment:within <http://example.org/some/archive.zip> ;
        fragment:locator "foo/bar.html"^^fragment:path
    ] ;
    fragment:locator "some-div"^^fragment:html-id .

Were this notional vocab to exist, it'd be the datatype that would
determine the process by which the fragment is extracted from the
original document, not the document's media type.

All the best,

Alex