Re: How many instances of foaf:Person are there in the LOD Cloud?

From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:33:01 +0200
To: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
Cc: Mischa Tuffield <mmt04r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>

re

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:47:33PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Was mybloglog's foaf ever indexed? According to wikipedia:
> "Currently, MyBlogLog averages approximately 22 million visits to pages with
> MyBlogLog widgets each day, and the site has over 275,000 registered
> members".

Yes it was in the top 25:

mybloglog.com   53633

I saw that you just tried to submit your mybloglog FOAF document. Our system
rejected it because the URL was missing a '/' at the end. mybloglog FOAF
documents can be called with and without / at the end and we only crawl the
canonical URL.

> Sadly, it is being shut down in the near future

Let's hope the Federated Social Web comes before everybody goes to facebook.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer