ANN: XSPARQL implementation and Technical Report

From: Stefan Bischof <stefan.bischof@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:36:06 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org
We are happy to announce the open source release of our Java implementation of the XSPARQL language [1]. XSPARQL allows to write queries to transform data between XML and RDF in an intuitive manner, combining SPARQL and XQuery in a common language.

The new open source version provides a cleaner, more stable reimplementation of the XSPARQL language than our first version, now fully implemented in Java. The new implementation can be downloaded from the Sourceforge project page [2], install instructions can be found on the XSPARQL homepage [3].

The new technical report [4] gives more extensive description together with a formal semantics and empirical results.

We appreciate your feedback/comments/questions to be sent to our  mailing list [5].

The XSPARQL team

[1] W3C Member Submission http://xsparql.deri.org/spec/
[2] Project Page http://sourceforge.net/projects/xsparql/
[3] http://xsparql.deri.org/