Re: Is 303 really necessary - demo

On 05/11/10 16:50, Ian Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Robert Fuller<robert.fuller@deri.org>  wrote:
>> I submitted both urls to sindice earlier. Both were indexed and have the
>> same content. In the search results[1] one displays with title "A Toucan",
>> the other with title, "A Description of a Toucan".
>>
>> http://sindice.com/search?q=toucan+domain%3Aiandavis.com&qt=term
>>

> So SIndice see them as distinct resources and doesn't concern itself
> with the lack of a 303 redirect?

Both pages returned http status code of 200 and some content. Sindice
extracted metadata from the content (using any23), and associated that
content with the requested url's.

Sindice doesn't "expect" 303's, but it follows them.

This isn't always a good thing...
http://inspector.sindice.com/inspect?url=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/IanDavis

--
Robert Fuller