Re: Is 303 really necessary - demo

Le 05/11/2010 14:57, Giovanni Tummarello a écrit :
> I might be wrong but I dont like it much . Sindice would index it as 2
> documents.
>
> http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan
> http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan.rdf
>
> i *really* would NOT want to different URLs resolving to the same thing

Hmm, why not?
This happens all the time: usually, all terms from a single ontology
resolve to the same document. Other examples:

http://g1o.net/
http://g1o.net/index.html

resolve to the same thing,

http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns
http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns.rdf

resolve to the same thing,

etc. etc. etc.

I think Sindice is doing well with this, not a problem IMO.
/toucan.rdf should be cached once /toucan is visited first (since the
HTTP header says /toucan is actually represented in /toucan.rdf).

Cheers,
AZ.

--
Antoine Zimmermann