Conneg representation equivalence

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 02:24:00 +0000
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi All,

Can somebody please confirm if the following understanding is correct:

If I have multiple representations of a resource which I consider equal,
let's say one of each of the following: RDF+XML, RDF+N3, SVG

Then should all three representations be considered equivalent?

Is it correct that all representations must have consistent fragment
identifiers in order to be considered equivalent?

Can I assert this equivalence by ensuring that all the representations
share a weak entity tag?

Is there any other way to assert equivalence on the HTTP level?

Are there any ontologies I can use to store the weak entity tag within
the representation(s) so that this equivalence can be read by a machine
outside the scope of HTTP - and - should other properties such as
daml:equivalentTo be used instead / in addition ?

Many Regards,

Nathan