Re: Conneg representation equivalence

From: Vasiliy Faronov <vfaronov@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:32:37 +0300
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
I have a related question, about describing negotiated documents in RDF.

Suppose there's a web resource <http://example.org/> which has the
following representations:

- HTML in English, also available at <http://example.org/index.en.html>
- HTML in Russian, also available at <http://example.org/index.ru.html>

Let's say that one is a translation of the other.

What can I say about <http://example.org/> in this scenario? Is it, for
example, a foaf:Document? Can it have a dcterms:title? Can it have two
dcterms:title's, one with @en and one with @ru?

Somehow it doesn't feel correct to me to say that this URI identifies
one document. I may want to assert different things about them, e.g.
text language, or link to the translator for the translated version. But
then, <http://example.org/> is the "canonical" URI for the resource, the
one that the outside world is mostly supposed to use, so it makes a lot
of sense to say *something* about it.

Is there any best practice for this?

--
Vasiliy Faronov