Re: URI's for Geogrid like Resource

A blog post by Rod Page about a month ago has lots of interesting bits
of information regarding this:

http://iphylo.blogspot.com/2010/05/referring-to-one-degree-square-in-rdf.html

Also see Geohash:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geohash

	-hilmar

On Jun 11, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Peter DeVries wrote:

> Hi LOD'ers,
>
> In the GeoSpecies data set I have a predicate isExpectedIn.
>
> This is used to state that a given species is expected in a
> geographical area.
>
> Most of the time I use the geonames features as the object
>
> So <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/lod.geospecies.org/ses/mCcSp
> >
> http://lod.geospecies.org/ses/mCcSp
> geospecies:isExpectedIn
> 	• http://sws.geonames.org/6255149/
> 	• http://sws.geonames.org/5279468/
> 	• http://sws.geonames.org/4862182/
> 	• http://sws.geonames.org/5037779/
> 	• http://sws.geonames.org/5001836/
> I also do the reverse link so you can query what species are in what
> geonames feature
>
> <!-- Wisconsin State Link Out -->
>   <geospecies:State rdf:about="http://sws.geonames.org/5279468/">
>     <geospecies:hasExpectationOf rdf:resource="http://lod.geospecies.org/ses/mCcSp
> "/>
>   </geospecies:State>
> At present this just get's me to county, and I have always wanted to
> get something that was more uniform and global.
>
> This would need URI's that are of a grid equally sized polygons that
> are either equal in X, Y by either decimal degrees or meters.
>
> I marked up this example, that is a one tenth decimal degree by 1
> tenth decimal degree. It is rectangular in actual distance (meters/
> kilometers)
>
> http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/geogrid/10/N93d0_37d1_W93d0_37d1.html
>
> http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/geogrid/10/N93d0_37d1_W93d0_37d1.rdf
>
> What I am wondering is, is there already an existing set of URI's
> that do the same sort of thing?
>
> Has anyone been able to create valid RDFa that also works with
> GoogleMaps?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Pete

> Pete DeVries
> Department of Entomology
> University of Wisconsin - Madison
> 445 Russell Laboratories
> 1630 Linden Drive
> Madison, WI 53706
> GeoSpecies Knowledge Base
> About the GeoSpecies Knowledge Base

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :