URI's for Geogrid like Resource

From: Peter DeVries <pete.devries@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:20:08 -0500
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi LOD'ers,

In the GeoSpecies data set I have a predicate isExpectedIn.

This is used to state that a given species is expected in a geographical

Most of the time I use the geonames features as the object

So <

   - http://sws.geonames.org/6255149/<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/6255149/>
   - http://sws.geonames.org/5279468/<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/5279468/>
   - http://sws.geonames.org/4862182/<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/4862182/>
   - http://sws.geonames.org/5037779/<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/5037779/>
   - http://sws.geonames.org/5001836/<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/5001836/>

I also do the reverse link so you can query what species are in what
geonames feature

<!-- Wisconsin State Link Out -->
  <geospecies:State rdf:about="http://sws.geonames.org/5279468/">

At present this just get's me to county, and I have always wanted to get
something that was more uniform and global.

This would need URI's that are of a grid equally sized polygons that are
either equal in X, Y by either decimal degrees or meters.

I marked up this example, that is a one tenth decimal degree by 1 tenth
decimal degree. It is rectangular in actual distance (meters/kilometers)

What I am wondering is, is there already an existing set of URI's that do
the same sort of thing?

Has anyone been able to create valid RDFa that also works with GoogleMaps?

- Pete

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology
University of Wisconsin - Madison