Re: Travel journal or diary ontology [literature]

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:37:00 -0400
To: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
CC: "Stuart A. Yeates" <syeates@gmail.com>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 13 juin 2010 à 16:54, Stuart A. Yeates a écrit :
>
>> If you want to encode documents such as this, I suggest that you start with TEI.
>> There are a whole range of institutions, archives and libraries using
>> TEI (see a partial list at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Projects/
>> ).
>>

> Many thanks Stuart, just tried to look at what was available. (specs and guides are not free.)
>
> The XML syntax seems to be overkill for my needs.
> I don't want to encode the full text, just to express facts about the text, so I'm able to connect with other things.
>
> I guess a mix of
>
> * 300g of bio
>   http://vocab.org/bio/0.1/.html
> * 2ml of event ontology
> * a spoon of rdfcal
> * 3 grains of geo ontology

Karl,

Have you looked at SIOC? You can extend via a new class under sioc:Post
to which you add the missing geospatial dimension property. Once done
you basically have a Macro of Micro (<= 147 characters re. content) blog
for handling your Travel Log :-)

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO
OpenLink Software