303 redirect to a fragment – what should a linked data client do?

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:40:42 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi all,

  in our setup we are still somehow fighting with ill-conceived legacy URIs
from the pre-LOD age.  We heavily make use of hash URIs there, so it could
happen that a client, requesting http://example.org/foo#bar (thus actually
requesting http://example.org/foo) gets redirected to
http://example.org/baz#grr (note that I don't mean
http://example.org/baz%23grr here, but really the un-escaped hash).  I
observed that when serving such a result as XHTML, the browser (at least
Firefox) scrolls to the #grr fragment of the resulting page.

But what should an RDF-aware client do?  I guess it should still look out for
triples with the originally requested subject http://example.org/foo#bar, e.g.
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/foo#bar">, or (assuming
xml:base="http://example.org/foo") for <rdf:Description rdf:ID="bar">.  Is my
assumption right?