(wrong string) – what should a linked data client do?

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:51:26 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org
>   in our setup we are still somehow fighting with ill-conceived legacy URIs
> from the pre-LOD age.  We heavily make use of hash URIs there, so it could
> happen that a client, requesting http://example.org/foo#bar (thus actually
> requesting http://example.org/foo) gets redirected to
> http://example.org/baz#grr (note that I don't mean
> http://example.org/baz%23grr here, but really the un-escaped hash).  I
> observed that when serving such a result as XHTML, the browser (at least
> Firefox) scrolls to the #grr fragment of the resulting page.

Update for those who are interested (all tested on Linux, test with
http://kwarc.info/lodtest#misc --303-->
http://kwarc.info/clange/publications.html#inproc for yourself):

* Firefox: #inproc
* Chromium: #inproc
* Konqueror: #inproc
* Opera: #misc

That given, what would an _RDFa_-compliant client have to do?  I guess it
would have to do the same as an RDF client, i.e. look into @about attributes
if in doubt.

Cheers,

Christoph