Re: OpenLink Data Explorer for Chrome & Safari

On 12/28/10 6:13 PM, Francois-Paul Servant wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> thanks.

Note, ODE is a little old relative to current work we are doing re.
Linked Data tools. For instance, it doesn't provide a cursor based
paging UI which is why your browser is easily overwhelmed with data that
describes <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris> .

Here is an example of a cursor driven paging UI:

1. http://uriburner.com/describe/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris
- Page 1 of 41
2.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FParis&p=40
-- Page 40

Kingsley

> Le 28 déc. 2010 à 23:13, Kingsley Idehen a écrit :
>
>> On 12/28/10 4:57 PM, Francois-Paul Servant wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just installed ODE in safari, didn't read the doc, and tried it on
>>> http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris
>>
>> Is an HTML document about <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris
>> <http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris>>
>>>
>>> After some time (and a warning "slow script, do you want to
>>> continue?"), I got a result that is not really what I was expecting.
>>>
>>> Shouldn't we get, more or less, what we get when dereferencing
>>> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris ?
>> No. Two distinct things: Entity Name and Address of an HTML Document
>> Describing said Entity.
>
> OK, I understand they are different things. However, in terms of "data
> content", they are the same : the page is just an HTML representation
> of the RDF data about the resource. I thought that ODE would give me
> the possibility to get back to the original data, and have another
> look at it: to collect the data contained in such HTML pages (either
> included directly in RDFa triples, or linked to it though the
> foaf:primaryTopic prop in the header) and to be able to have a
> different look at that data (using the the display formats allowed by
> the "data browser"). Instead of that, I get data that seems to be far
> from the "primaryTopic" of the page. I understand that I can get that
> pasting the URI of the resource in ODE - but this is not as natural as
> browsing to the page about the resource, and then "switching" to a
> view about the RDF content (something that would give a good demo of
> linked data)
>
> I don't know how you compute the triples for the page, but the result
> (at least in the case of Paris) is not usable for a demo about "linked
> data" : I was on a page about Paris, and I get in ODE, for instance, a
> lot of pictures that are very far from that topic.
>
> fps
>

>> You will get to <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris>
>> <http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris>description via foaf:primarytopic
>> property value etc..
>>
>> You can also just place <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris
>> <http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris>> into ODE and also see its
>> description which includes relationship with
>> <http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris> etc..
>>

>> Kingsley
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> fps