Re: OpenLink Data Explorer for Chrome & Safari

Kingsley,

thanks.

Le 28 déc. 2010 à 23:13, Kingsley Idehen a écrit :

> On 12/28/10 4:57 PM, Francois-Paul Servant wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed ODE in safari, didn't read the doc, and tried it on
>> http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris
>
> Is an HTML document about <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris>
>>
>> After some time (and a warning "slow script, do you want to continue?"), I got a result that is not really what I was expecting.
>>
>> Shouldn't we get, more or less, what we get when dereferencing http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paris ?
> No. Two distinct things: Entity Name and Address of an HTML Document Describing said Entity.

OK, I understand they are different things. However, in terms of "data content", they are the same : the page is just an HTML representation of the RDF data about the resource. I thought that ODE would give me the possibility to get back to the original data, and have another look at it: to collect the data contained in such HTML pages (either included directly in RDFa triples, or linked to it though the foaf:primaryTopic prop in the header) and to be able to have a different look at that data (using the the display formats allowed by the "data browser"). Instead of that, I get data that seems to be far from the "primaryTopic" of the page. I understand that I can get that pasting the URI of the resource in ODE - but this is not as natural as browsing to the page about the resource, and then "switching" to a view about the RDF content (something that would give a good demo of linked data)

I don't know how you compute the triples for the page, but the result (at least in the case of Paris) is not usable for a demo about "linked data" : I was on a page about Paris, and I get in ODE, for instance, a lot of pictures that are very far from that topic.

fps

>>> 2. http://ode.openlinksw.com/#Download -- Downloads
>>> 3. http://www.chromeextensions.org/webmaster-seo/openlink-data-explorer/ -- Chrome Extensions Page