Re: Best practice for permantently moved resources?

Hi Kjetil,

I've been wondering about this too. I've always leaned towards
treating a 301 as an owl:sameAs statement [1]. This could be encoded
in the data directly instead of your ex:permanently_moved_to. But I'd
also argue that based on the semantics of HTTP a client could
reasonably infer that too, others disagree [2] (see cygri's comment).
Personally I think the semantics are clear and there's nothing broken
in a client assuming that.

Regardless, I think I'd advocate using owl:sameAs to indicate the
change. This still provides a hook to merge data using the older URIs.

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://www.ldodds.com/blog/2007/03/the-semantics-of-301-moved-permanently/
[2]. http://www.semanticoverflow.com/questions/1270/do-semantic-web-agents-handle-additional-redirects-on-uris-for-non-information-re