Best practice for permantently moved resources?

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:12:14 +0200
To: "public-lod" <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi all!

Cool URIs don't change, but cool content does, so the problem surfaces that I
need to permanently redirect now and then. I discussed this problem in a
meetup yesterday, and it turns out that people have found dbpedia problematic
to use because it is too much of a moving target, when a URI changes because
the underlying concepts change, there's a need for more 301s.

The problem is then that I need to record the relation between the old and the
new URI somehow. As of now, it seems that the easiest way to do this would be
to do something like:

<http://example.org/old> ex:permanently_moved_to <http://example.org/new>

and if the former is dereferenced, the server will 301 redirect to the latter.
Has anyone done something like that, or have other useful experiences relevant
to this problem?

Cheers,

Kjetil