Re: [semanticweb] ANN: DBpedia 3.5 released

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:33:45 +0100
To: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Cc: baran <baran@goldmail.de>, semanticweb <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, dbpedia-discussion <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>, dbpedia-announcements <dbpedia-announcements@lists.sourceforge.net>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Hi,

2010/4/14 Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>:
> Similarly, growing database size and growing hit rate and growing
> complexity of queries are not obviously visible from outside, but turn
> the hosting into a race. We're improving the underlaying RDBMS as fast
> as we only can just to prevent the service from total halt. One might
> wish to provide a better service on their own RDBMS and thus to make a
> good advertisement, but nobody else want to do that _and_ can do that,
> so we're alone under this load.

Out of interest, do you actually share any metrics on usage levels,
common sparql queries, etc?

We have a copy of the dbpedia data loaded into the Talis Platform, but
its not yet up to date with 3.5. So there's more than one option
already. Although the service characteristics/features are different
(different software)

Cheers,

L.

--