Re: DBpedia user, who are you?

From: <blumauer@punkt.at>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:28:56 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
To: Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Georgi, hi all,

first of all, thanks to the DBpedia team - you make a great job!

My name is Andreas Blumauer, and we (punkt. netServices [1]) have been working on a SKOS based thesaurus management system
called PoolParty [2] in the last two years. Some additional facts about the system can also be found here [3].

Besides all open trainings, in-house seminars etc. we do together with folks from Semantic Web Company [4],
where we demonstrate DBpedia as a "best practice", we use DBpedia (and in the future also other datasets) to link "local" SKOS concepts with
resources from the LOD cloud to enrich concepts from the local thesaurus (using skos:extactMatch). Therefore we use GeorgiĀ“s lookup service at the moment [5].
This additional information can be used for several purposes, e.g. to expand a concept and its subconcepts.
If authors wish, thesauri edited with PoolParty can also "exposed" to the LOD Cloud (SPARQL endpoint, Pubby).

See how it works on a short Youtube video [6].

We would appreciate very much if DBpedia will expand its multilingualism in the next period of time. Any plans?

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] http://www.punkt.at/
[2] http://poolparty.punkt.at/