dbpedia wishlist

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:57:38 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
The SPARQL interface is great, but it would be nice if dbpedia provided
a few shortcuts for some simple operations which shouldn't need complex
requests to handle. In particular, what I'd like to see would be:

1. A page that I can post a great big list of dbpedia resource URIs to
and get back an N-Triples file containing just dbprop:redirect triples
for any of those URLs which is a redirect. This would provide a quick
and easy way of fixing my references to dbpedia.

2. A request for <http://dbpedia.org/depiction/%s> should run the
following SPARQL query (or equivalent):

	SELECT ?depiction
	WHERE {
	  <http://dbpedia.org/resource/%s>
	    <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/depiction>
	      ?depiction
	}

If no results are found, it should return a 404, but if a result is
found, perform a 302 redirect to the depiction found.

-Toby