Re: AW: Wikipedia relicensed: consequences for DBpedia and downstream?

From: Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:51:10 +0200
To: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Cc: 'Dan Brickley' <danbri@danbri.org>, public-lod@w3.org
On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 09:58 +0200, Chris Bizer wrote:
> We would even be willing go for a more liberal license (for instance CC-BY),
> I anybody with a legal background would assure us that we are allowed to do
> so under US and European law.

FMPOV I don't think so, because "share alike" precisely forces to use
the same license.

Although CC licences always open a way to negotiate particular terms for
particular purposes, I don't think that Wikimedia Foundation would like
to relax that terms, but you can try.

Sergio Fernández - sergio.fernandez@fundacionctic.org
R&D Deparment
CTIC Foundation - www.fundacionctic.org
Phone: +34 984 29 12 12
Fax:  +34 984 39 06 12
Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
Parque Científico Tecnológico
33203 Cabueñes - Gijón - Asturias - Spain