Von: public-lod-request@w3.org [mailto:public-lod-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag
von Dan Brickley
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009 09:38
An: public-lod@w3.org
Betreff: Wikipedia relicensed: consequences for DBpedia and downstream?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Implementation
[[
As per the licensing update vote result and subsequent Wikimedia
Foundation Board resolution, any content on Wikimedia Foundation
projects currently available under GFDL 1.2 with the possibility of
upgrading to a later version will be made available additionally under
Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Unported.

Specifically with regard to text, after this update, only dual-licensed
content or CC-BY-SA-compatible content can be added to the projects, and
GFDL-only submissions will no longer be accepted. In other words,
CC-BY-SA will be the primary Wikimedia license for text, and GFDL will
be retained as a secondary license.
]]

According to http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Datasets#h18-18 DBpedia is
available under
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_Li
cense

Will it also be made available under
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ ? ("Attribution-Share
Alike 3.0 Unported")

What do these distinctions mean in practice when we're dealing with
mergable data rather than documents?

"Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may
distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a
compatible license."

... seems rather strong (eg. for intranet triplestore use).

Is anyone here not not a lawyer?

cheers,

Dan