Re: gimmee some data!

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Toby Inkster<tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 22:44 -0400, Ross Singer wrote:
>> http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/LODThing/isbns/088103696X
>
> Interesting.

Well, something.

> A while back I set up this service, which is essentially a wrapper
> around Amazon's API:
>
>        http://purl.org/NET/book/isbn/088103696X#book
>
> We should probably sort some kind of cross-links out. owl:sameAs
> assuming that the ontologies we're using are compatible enough;
> ov:similarTo otherwise.

Definitely.  Since it's not an absolute that the coverage of ISBNs are
1:1 (in either direction, but definitely from yours to here) -- how to
determine what actually exists?

It seems to me if we're talking about the same ISBN, owl:sameAs is
accurate, but I don't have strong enough opinions to back that up in
an argument.

> PS: your "related manifestations" links are broken (need "/LODThing"
> prepended to href attributes).

Thanks, fixed.

-Ross.