Re: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets

Hello

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 14:07:16 Keith Alexander wrote:
> Our aim is that existing vocabularies like DC be used where possible, and
> the primer Michael mentioned will hopefully give advice on which existing
> terms are most appropriate to use with the voiD vocabulary. In this case,
> perhaps ?dataset foaf:maker ?agent  ?

(Re)using existing vocabulary makes sense, no doubt. Unfortunately, foaf:maker
does not suffice w.r.t. the provenance questions I mentioned in my previous
mail. DC is more expressive in this regard; it has dcterms:creator,
dcterms:publisher, dcterms:contributor, and dcterms:source. However, even DC
does not cover all of my provenance questions. For instance, it is impossible
to describe the method with which an RDF dataset has been created (e.g. mined
from a text, extracted from a relational DB).

Bye,
Ole