One Last Thing: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

David Huynh wrote:

> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Question: Is there any fundamental reason why you cannot expose URIs
>> or URLs where you have "javascript:{}"? Would this break your work in
>> anyway?
> Just for you, Kingsley, I have fixed it :-) You might need to
> shift-reload to get the latest code.
>
> I wasn't actually expecting such an intense reaction to just
> "javascript:{}". I wonder if that might put off newcomers, who believe
> that the slightest profanity against The URIs on this mailing list
> will always trigger such adverse reactions.
>
>> If you expose the URIs, I would then be able to demonstrate what I
>> mean using your nice UI, how about that?
> Now that that's all behind us, I'm looking forward to see what you
> mean. Please, show us what you've got!
>
> Best,
>
> David

David,

In the "nice to have" bucket, is is possible for you to use <link
rel="dc:source" title="Data Sources" type="application/< [atom+xml] |
[rss+xml] | [rdf+xml] >" href="<feed-information-resource-url>" /> to
expose the list of Freebase URLs in you pages. Thus, a list of all URLs
(once all "javascript:{}" have been replaced).

Example:
http://mqlx.com/~david/parallax/browse.html?type=%2Fgovernment%2Fus_president

Has URLs (instead of: "javascript:{}") for each page about a President,
but this isn't the case re. "Filter Results" DIV.  Ideally, all the
Freebase URLs could be exposed via a Feed which lists all the URLs (as
per the <link / > suggestion above, with dc:source as the DC term for
data sources).

So one last thing, which cannot be expensive to implement since you are
simply substituting a few more "javascript:{}" for URLs and the listing
them is a data sources collection resource (using Atom, RSS 2.0, or RSS
1.0 or even OPML).

When all of this is in place, I will then have multiple points from
which to launch a SPARQL Query without the user writing a line of SPARQL
or seeing anyting to do with RDF. They will simply feel the FORCE of the
Linked Data :-)

President & CEO