LD and Redundancy

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:30:42 -0700
To: public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
The small group working on the "issues" section of the report has run
into something that I think is a question for the whole group and list
subscribers:

Library catalogs today, between them, have a high redundancy of
bibliographic descriptions for commonly held items. If we anticipate
much of the bibliographic data becoming linked data, is this
redundancy a problem? If so, what types of solutions should we be
looking at? If not, why not?

Thanks!
kc

--