RE: LD and Redundancy

I really hope we can eliminate the redundancy and share records and link variant descriptions for the same entities (much like the model being used for VIAF where various authority records are clustered for the same entity) - Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: public-lld-request@w3.org [mailto:public-lld-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:31 AM
To: public-lld
Subject: LD and Redundancy

The small group working on the "issues" section of the report has run into something that I think is a question for the whole group and list
subscribers:

Library catalogs today, between them, have a high redundancy of bibliographic descriptions for commonly held items. If we anticipate much of the bibliographic data becoming linked data, is this redundancy a problem? If so, what types of solutions should we be looking at? If not, why not?

Thanks!
kc

--
Karen Coyle