Re: VIAF contributor model

Quoting Manue <manue@figoblog.org>:

> Jeff,
>
> This sounds like a very good approach.
>
> As we were discussing during the F2F, authorities are about names, and
> not about the real thing, so it makes sense to use SKOS. SKOS  is
> perfectly fit for prefLabel, altLabel, etc. so why reinvent the wheel.
> Then, it's also nice to be able to describe the thing that is named.
> There, foaf:person and foaf:organisation are probably useful when it
> comes to persons and corporate bodies, which is what VIAF is about
> until now.

If authorities are about names, and those names are what we include in
bibliographic descriptions (in libraries), where in library data would
foaf:person be used?

(Somewhat answering my own question, I think that given this
explanation, foaf:person would be used outside of the library data
environment, so library authority data might link to other resources
that focus on the person rather than the name. But I can't think of a
place in library data would make reference to foaf:Person except,
perhaps, in the administrative fields of the authority record.)

kc