Re: VIAF contributor model

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:47:45 -0400
To: "Jodi Schneider" <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
Cc: "Karen Coyle" <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, "public-lld" <public-lld@w3.org>
Correct.

Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org> wrote:

Jeff,

On 29 Oct 2010, at 04:36, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:

	Karen,

	I assume you're talking about URI hash fragments here. I'm not using
	"#skos:Concept" for persons, I'm using "#skos:Concept" for skos:Concepts
	and "#foaf:Person" for foaf:Persons. These are two separate entities.

So I gather you mean: Use
http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#skos:Concept
<http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#skos:Concept> when you're referring to the skos:Concept of Jane Austen
and
http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#foaf:Person
when you're referring to the foaf:Person Jane Austen

-Jodi

	Even though I identified these separately in VIAF early on, the
	need/purpose of doing so was unclear to me until Martin showed me the
	foaf:focus property last weekend. What it means is that SELIBR, DNB, and
	other VIAF contributors can disagree on the identity of the skos:Concept
	(including preferred and alternate labels) while still agreeing (via
	VIAF algorithms and owl:sameAs) on the identity of "the thing".

	(I wish I had gotten my bachelor's degree in the engineering college
	rather than the business college. What is the term we alchemists should
	use when we mean "axiom"?)

	Jeff