Re: SemWeb terminology page

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:50:30AM -0500, Ed Summers wrote:
> Personally, I like the term "RDF Vocabulary" to talk about RDF schemas
> and OWL ontologies like FOAF, SKOS, DCTERMS, etc.

+1 for "RDF Vocabulary".  I tend to agree with Emmanuelle that
"metadata element set" confusingly evokes the notion of XML
syntactic elements, though I do not object strongly to "element
vocabulary" as a high-level handle, as Mikael suggests, if
it is properly defined (e.g., is it an "RDF vocabulary" or
something less specific?).  "RDF Vocabulary" also addresses
the point that they are not just about properties, but also
about classes and, sometimes, OWL constructs.

> I tend to use "Dataset" from VoID [1] to refer to a bounded collection
> of web resources e.g. id.loc.gov/authorities, viaf.org, etc.

+1 for "Dataset"

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>