Re: SemWeb terminology page

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:50:30 -0500
To: public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
Personally, I like the term "RDF Vocabulary" to talk about RDF schemas
and OWL ontologies like FOAF, SKOS, DCTERMS, etc.

I tend to use "Dataset" from VoID [1] to refer to a bounded collection
of web resources e.g. id.loc.gov/authorities, viaf.org, etc.

I think one of the lessons from the DCAM is that we should limit the
amount of vocabulary we ourselves have to create to talk about things.
But that doesn't make for very lengthy dissertations though I guess
:-)

//Ed

[1] http://vocab.deri.ie/void/guide