Re: Re: Citation Cluster

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 10:01:32 -0500
To: Adrian Pohl <pohl@hbz-nrw.de>
Cc: public-lld@w3.org
Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Adrian Pohl <pohl@hbz-nrw.de> wrote:
> I only had a quick look at the wiki and I am really excited that you start
> working with citations. I think it is very important for the library
> community to think about representing citations and other explicit
> references between scholarly works. What surprised me when I looked at the
> wiki was that I didn't find a reference to the Citation Typing Ontology and
> related efforts in Semantic Publishing.

Thanks very much for these suggestions. As has been noted by Ivan [1]
there is no shortage of citation RDF vocabularies out there :-) But
you are right, CiTO really ought to be on the list--I just added it. I
would be really interested to hear more suggestions from you about
this working document on citations, if you are interested in sending
more to the list, editing the wiki directly, or maybe participating in
our occasional skype calls?

//Ed

[1] http://ivan-herman.name/2007/01/13/bibtex-in-rdf/