Re: Open Library and RDF

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:41:13 -0700
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>, public-lld@w3.org
Quoting Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>:

> I would be absolutely delighted if the LLD group cared to help refine
> FOAF's person vocabulary to better support library, cultural heritage
> scenarios, eg. by adding a few new properties.

It might be more than a few :-). I did a comparison of foaf/dc/rda/ol
while working on the ol rdf for author:

   kcoyle.net/temp/comparePersonVocabs.pdf

The underlined ones were ones where I found what could be match on a
property I needed for OL.

Some of the RDA elements could be considered administrative data, but
there are still quite a number that are not covered in foaf. Also, the
two "title" properties have significantly different definitions, so
they may not be equivalent.

kc

--
Karen Coyle