Re: Property-name scoping

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:24:29 -0400
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org

> Thus, in RDF, you get Album -> hasArtist -> Artist and Artist -> hasAlbum
>> -> Album, whereas in many other data contexts you'd just say Album -> Artist
>> and Artist -> Album.
>>
>> The issue isn't the triple.

No, no, I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't a triple in the latter
cases, just that in many contexts people cheerfully conflate the name of the
predicate with the name of the resulting type. "Album -> Artist" translates
to "an arc called 'Artist' from the type 'Album' to the type 'Artist'". In a
CSV file, for example, column-headings are (mostly) playing both roles at
once.