Re: Property-name scoping

From: Patrick Logan <patrickdlogan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:58:40 -0700
To: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Cc: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On Jun 27, 2011 1:37 PM, "glenn mcdonald" <glenn@furia.com> wrote:

> There are two main ways to think about property scoping:
>
> - property names must be unique across a whole vocabulary
> - property names need only be unique across the set from a single
originating type

The use of the term "scope" is itself innappropriate for the current system.
If you want a hierarchical data structuring mechanism then you want
something altogether different. This difference is not a simple matter of
"property scope" - you will have to toss a number of features of the current
system. Maybe that meets your needs, but it is a huge change. Better to
begin a whole new set of standards with clearly expressed goals, I would
say... the differences are to the core of the current standards.