Re: IANA Considerations

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:22:02 -0400
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
CC: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:39 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

Gregg Kellogg wrote:
Framed is definitely an issue, since passing a URI as a mime-type
parameter would be a non-starter; probably not sufficient to set
format=framed without some other out-of-band communication of the
frame. Note that application/json+ld;format=framed is reasonable as a
Content-Type.

Why would be passing a URI as a mime-type parameter be a non-starter?

Hmm, on further consideration, perhaps it's not a problem after all. Maybe we can use another Link header, such as:

Link: <http://example.com/framing.jsonld>; rel="stylesheet"; type="application/ld+json"

The framing document is something of a stylesheet, so this would seem appropriate.

Gregg

Also, I'd like to keep the straight application/ld+json for an un-
specified serialization. My library tries to be intelligent about
creating @context/@coerce entries and use of chaining along the lines
of other serializers I've written. This may not be specified, but it
should be allowed.

The parameter is optional, so that shouldn't be a problem.