Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

hello wes.

On 2013-06-03 15:10 , Wes Turner wrote:
> application/api-problem+turtle may be a good solution.
> text/turtle is the mimetype for Turtle RDF Syntax.

you can only have one of these two ;-) my proposal was based on the
convention of most web standards nowadays to mint media types. the
second one is based on the point kingsley made that in RDF, this often
is pushed into the generic RDF media types.

if you want to go this route (regardless of the media type), then you'll
have to come up with a mapping of the currently JSON-based model into
RDF-land. currently, JSON is the canonical model, and the XML syntax is
derived from it. notice that this took a bit of negotiating, because
JSON is more permissive than XML in its name syntax, so we restricted
the names in potential extensions so that they don't cause trouble in
the XML syntax. it's currently just a "should" in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-problem-04#section-4,
but at least we have made an effort and documented the reason.

my guess is that mapping the problem model into RDF also requires a
little bit of tweaking to accommodate for its roots in JSON, and to make
the extension model reasonable. i am not 100% sure how to best do this,
but i am pretty sure to get to good results it takes some handwork
instead of just mechanically mapping JSON structures.

cheers,

dret.