Re: ISSUE-37: short description of model

hello roger.

On 2013-02-26 17:45 , "Roger Menday" <Roger.Menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>is there a reason why these variants are so focused on "outgoing arcs"? i
>> am really just wondering about this, because it is rather prominent. i
>>may
>> misunderstand the intent, but to me this is a bit against REST, which
>>just
>> talks about self-describing resources representing state, and doesn't
>> really care whether the representation is state local to the resource,
>> outgoing arcs, or a mix.
>An "arc" can have a scalar at the end of it OR an another resource.
>We did start these descriptions using the word "link", but, that seems to
>kind of exclude scalars. So, we chose "arc" instead - but, it seems that
>the "arc" word can also be interpreted as excluding scalars :( !
>To be clear, we are using "arc" to mean properties/attributes as well as
>links.

thanks for the explanation. i am still struggling a bit with the
terminology, though. asked differently: if you are specifically talking
about "outgoing arcs" instead of just talking about a self-describing
representation of a resource's state, what it is that you want to exclude?

thanks and cheers,