Re: query your API

hello andy.

On 2012-12-10 11:03 , "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
wrote:
>I wasn't suggesting it would be close in complexity to SPARQL - I was
>suggesting that the meaning of LDP-QL is defined by reference to SPARQL.
>  Reusing gets us all the error handling and corner cases.

i am not making a very informed statement here, but from my experience, as
soon as you start including some parts of some language, it is
surprisingly hard to avoid that you transitively pull in many more parts
of it. very often things are tied to processing models and fairly basic
shared and common mechanics, and once you have these references directly
or indirectly, the complexity you place as a burden on implementers is
non-trivial. i am not saying that this necessarily is the case here, but
we definitely have to closely look at what we put as a burden on
implementors. so maybe it would be great to have some early adopters
trying to implement LDP for some non-SPARQL back-end, and then they can
tell us how much effort it is for them to implement LDP independently of a
specific implementation platform.