Re: query your API

hello andy.

On 2012-12-10 08:02 , "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
wrote:
>On 10/12/12 15:45, Wilde, Erik wrote:
>>a mapping to SPARQL could be part of the implementation hints for people
>>who are implementing on SPARQL back-ends, but that would be strictly
>>informative.
>Either the formal definition of the LDP-QL is different to SPARQL's, so
>isn't mappable, or it's the same, and referring to another spec saves
>time.
>(incomplete unencoding)
>?q=rdfs:value%3Dfoo ==>
>SELECT ?item { ?item rdfs:value "foo" }
>(aside - this also illustrates the perennial problem of short names /
>URIs-in-URIs :: see LinkedDataAPI)

yes, anything URIy tends to look ugly when embedded in URIs. more
importantly, the question is how to define the context required to
interpret the query: what does "rdfs:" refer to? afaict, it's a CURIE
prefix, so we need to expose that mapping somehow, so that it becomes
visible as part of the service surface.