RE: [WSTF] Teleconference notes...

Notes from the meeting on 2003-02-18.
Started 18:00, ended 18:23 (EST)

Present: Deb, Takao, Martin (notes)
Regrets: Addison, Kentaro

We decided to have our next meeting next week
(2003-02-25), and then bi-weekly after that.

We talked a bit about fault/error messages.
Just returning text (as Soap does) is not sufficient.
But returning just some structured information may also
not work in some case:
   - (Martin) server may have texts specific to the errors it causes
     available in many languages; client may deal with very
     many servers with different functionality and may not be
     able to convert all errors to textual form; also, it may
     be a lot of waste of time and money if different clients
     independently translate error messages.
   - (Deb) very thin client
   - (Deb) email sent back to client (cannot be formatted anymore)

Regards,   Martin.