W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-ws@w3.org > February 2003

RE: [WSTF] Teleconference Action Items...

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:15:54 -0500
To: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>, <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHOEGPGGAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

Action Items for today:
> -Addison to send link to Requirements template again
> -Deb to write initial requirements for next meeting.
> -Mike/Deb: Work on complex transaction Usage Scenarios
> -Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios
> -AP: will add link to membership on main page
> -KN: will number the scenarios separate from the automatic index number [DONE]
> -AP: will schedule next bridge dates (Mar/Apr). [DONE]

Topics:

1. Action Item review.
2. Catch-up from last couple of meetings.
3. Getting more Usage Scenarios
4. Other business


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Addison Phillips [wM] [mailto:aphillips@webmethods.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 4:13 PM
> To: Addison Phillips [wM]; public-i18n-ws@w3.org
> Subject: RE: [WSTF] Teleconference notes...
> 
> 
> Sorry about the delay on these. I thought I had sent them.
> 
> Attending: Martin, Kentaroh, Mike, Tex, Deb, Takao, Addison 
> (chair, scribe)
> 
> 1. Need to discuss use case document promotion and requirements 
> document structure.
> 2. no actions outstanding
> 3. Addison reports on chartering proposal: it will take 6 months 
> to recharter if we decide we need it. Need AC rep approval. Might 
> go slightly faster, but really this should be an accurate time 
> frame. IPRes statement would become important (patent knowledge). 
> We would need to enumerate our specific activities... high level 
> of work specificity. The definition should also hint and what is 
> not included/beyond scope
> 
> 4. Martin attended FTF WSDL, WS-Arch.
>   - learned about group's activities
>   - presented our work to both.
>   - supportive chairs
>   - someone has read our Usage docs...
>   - generally they understand they have a "context" problems, 
> incl. security, etc.
>   - groups not yet thinking about/actiing on context problems.
>   - WSDL generally agreed upon
> 
> 5. Discussion. 
> 
> Possibility: Should we propose the problem and requirements to 
> WS-Arch? "Hey, go make us a context mechanism!" Maybe go to SOAP 
> and WSDL directly instead. WS-Arch may not be very solid, tend to 
> be nebulous and not make definitive standards.
> 
> -Addison to send link to Requrirements template again {ap->group}
> -timeline for our TF is about 1 year/2 years.
> -Need to do some reorg on Usage scenarios, fix up requirements document.
> -We need to address our comments to XMLP/SOAP related to SOAPFault again.
> -Deb to write initial requirements for next meeting.
> -Question: is ws-arch non-normative? We got the feeling that this 
> is the case.
> -WS-Choreography: we need to create usage scenarios for this.
> -Mike: talked about complex transaction processing. He will work 
> on some scenarios with Deb. "What do we think the protocol should be?"
> -Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios
> -AP: will add link to membership on main page
> -KN: will just add usage scenarios on suggestion from the list
> -KN: (action) will number the scenarios separate from the 
> automagic index number so that we can track them with a stable identifier.
> -AP: will schedule next bridge dates (Mar/Apr).
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org
> > [mailto:public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Addison Phillips [wM]
> > Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:27 PM
> > To: public-i18n-ws@w3.org
> > Subject: [WSTF] REMINDER: Teleconference Tomorrow...
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > W3C-I18N-WG Web Services TF teleconference [WSTF]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -----------
> > Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) with conference code 4186 
> > (spells "I18N")
> > Duration : 60 minutes
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -----------
> > SCHEDULE CHANGED FOR NEW YEAR!!!
> > Day      : Tuesday
> > Dates    : 4, 18 February
> > Start    : 23:00 GMT, 18:00 Eastern, 15:00 Pacific, 08:00 Tokyo 
> > (next day!)
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -----------
> > Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> > Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> > Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> > Zakim Calendar entry : 
> > http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_731
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -----------
> > 
> > REMINDER: the next scheduled teleconference for the WSTF is 
> > tomorrow. If you have not used the W3C teleconference bridge 
> > previously, please review the links above for instructions (it's 
> > very easy).
> > 
> > SUMMARY: This should be an important meeting, in which we discuss 
> > progress towards creating a requirements document, consider our 
> > options in rechartering, and consider other business.
> > 
> > Agenda for 4 February meeting
> > =============================
> >     o Discuss Agenda.
> >     o Discuss Action Items.
> >     o What Addison learned about rechartering
> >     o What Martin learned at WS FTF in Scottsdale
> >     o Discuss requirements gathering and locale/i18n context
> > 
> > Pending Action Items
> > ====================
> >     * Organize calendar of activities [Addison]... pending
> >     * Publish a very rough requirements container [Addison]... complete
> > 
> > Talk to you then!
> > 
> > Best Regards,
> > 
> > Addison
> > 
> > Addison P. Phillips
> > Director, Globalization Architecture
> > webMethods, Inc.
> > 
> > +1 408.962.5487  mailto:aphillips@webmethods.com
> > -------------------------------------------
> > Internationalization is an architecture. It is not a feature.
> > 
> > Chair, W3C I18N WG Web Services Task Force
> > http://www.w3.org/International/ws
> > 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 25 February 2003 17:16:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:52 GMT