W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-ws@w3.org > February 2003

RE: [WSTF] Teleconference notes...

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:12:36 -0800
To: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>, <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHIEKLGFAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

Sorry about the delay on these. I thought I had sent them.

Attending: Martin, Kentaroh, Mike, Tex, Deb, Takao, Addison (chair, scribe)

1. Need to discuss use case document promotion and requirements document structure.
2. no actions outstanding
3. Addison reports on chartering proposal: it will take 6 months to recharter if we decide we need it. Need AC rep approval. Might go slightly faster, but really this should be an accurate time frame. IPRes statement would become important (patent knowledge). We would need to enumerate our specific activities... high level of work specificity. The definition should also hint and what is not included/beyond scope

4. Martin attended FTF WSDL, WS-Arch.
  - learned about group's activities
  - presented our work to both.
  - supportive chairs
  - someone has read our Usage docs...
  - generally they understand they have a "context" problems, incl. security, etc.
  - groups not yet thinking about/actiing on context problems.
  - WSDL generally agreed upon

5. Discussion. 

Possibility: Should we propose the problem and requirements to WS-Arch? "Hey, go make us a context mechanism!" Maybe go to SOAP and WSDL directly instead. WS-Arch may not be very solid, tend to be nebulous and not make definitive standards.

-Addison to send link to Requrirements template again {ap->group}
-timeline for our TF is about 1 year/2 years.
-Need to do some reorg on Usage scenarios, fix up requirements document.
-We need to address our comments to XMLP/SOAP related to SOAPFault again.
-Deb to write initial requirements for next meeting.
-Question: is ws-arch non-normative? We got the feeling that this is the case.
-WS-Choreography: we need to create usage scenarios for this.
-Mike: talked about complex transaction processing. He will work on some scenarios with Deb. "What do we think the protocol should be?"
-Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios
-AP: will add link to membership on main page
-KN: will just add usage scenarios on suggestion from the list
-KN: (action) will number the scenarios separate from the automagic index number so that we can track them with a stable identifier.
-AP: will schedule next bridge dates (Mar/Apr).



> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-i18n-ws-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Addison Phillips [wM]
> Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:27 PM
> To: public-i18n-ws@w3.org
> Subject: [WSTF] REMINDER: Teleconference Tomorrow...
> 
> 
> 
> W3C-I18N-WG Web Services TF teleconference [WSTF]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) with conference code 4186 
> (spells "I18N")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> SCHEDULE CHANGED FOR NEW YEAR!!!
> Day      : Tuesday
> Dates    : 4, 18 February
> Start    : 23:00 GMT, 18:00 Eastern, 15:00 Pacific, 08:00 Tokyo 
> (next day!)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> Zakim Calendar entry : 
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_731
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> 
> REMINDER: the next scheduled teleconference for the WSTF is 
> tomorrow. If you have not used the W3C teleconference bridge 
> previously, please review the links above for instructions (it's 
> very easy).
> 
> SUMMARY: This should be an important meeting, in which we discuss 
> progress towards creating a requirements document, consider our 
> options in rechartering, and consider other business.
> 
> Agenda for 4 February meeting
> =============================
>     o Discuss Agenda.
>     o Discuss Action Items.
>     o What Addison learned about rechartering
>     o What Martin learned at WS FTF in Scottsdale
>     o Discuss requirements gathering and locale/i18n context
> 
> Pending Action Items
> ====================
>     * Organize calendar of activities [Addison]... pending
>     * Publish a very rough requirements container [Addison]... complete
> 
> Talk to you then!
> 
> Best Regards,
> 
> Addison
> 
> Addison P. Phillips
> Director, Globalization Architecture
> webMethods, Inc.
> 
> +1 408.962.5487  mailto:aphillips@webmethods.com
> -------------------------------------------
> Internationalization is an architecture. It is not a feature.
> 
> Chair, W3C I18N WG Web Services Task Force
> http://www.w3.org/International/ws
> 
Received on Wednesday, 12 February 2003 16:12:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:52 GMT