RE: [WSTF] Teleconference notes...

Sorry about the delay on these. I thought I had sent them.

Attending: Martin, Kentaroh, Mike, Tex, Deb, Takao, Addison (chair, scribe)

1. Need to discuss use case document promotion and requirements document structure.
2. no actions outstanding
3. Addison reports on chartering proposal: it will take 6 months to recharter if we decide we need it. Need AC rep approval. Might go slightly faster, but really this should be an accurate time frame. IPRes statement would become important (patent knowledge). We would need to enumerate our specific activities... high level of work specificity. The definition should also hint and what is not included/beyond scope

4. Martin attended FTF WSDL, WS-Arch.
  - learned about group's activities
  - presented our work to both.
  - supportive chairs
  - someone has read our Usage docs...
  - generally they understand they have a "context" problems, incl. security, etc.
  - groups not yet thinking about/actiing on context problems.
  - WSDL generally agreed upon

5. Discussion.

Possibility: Should we propose the problem and requirements to WS-Arch? "Hey, go make us a context mechanism!" Maybe go to SOAP and WSDL directly instead. WS-Arch may not be very solid, tend to be nebulous and not make definitive standards.

-Addison to send link to Requrirements template again {ap->group}
-timeline for our TF is about 1 year/2 years.
-Need to do some reorg on Usage scenarios, fix up requirements document.
-We need to address our comments to XMLP/SOAP related to SOAPFault again.
-Deb to write initial requirements for next meeting.
-Question: is ws-arch non-normative? We got the feeling that this is the case.
-WS-Choreography: we need to create usage scenarios for this.
-Mike: talked about complex transaction processing. He will work on some scenarios with Deb. "What do we think the protocol should be?"
-Tex: to look at WSDL for further usage scenarios
-AP: will add link to membership on main page
-KN: will just add usage scenarios on suggestion from the list
-KN: (action) will number the scenarios separate from the automagic index number so that we can track them with a stable identifier.
-AP: will schedule next bridge dates (Mar/Apr).