Re: ACTION-54 Look into SVG Print

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:12:42 +0900
To: "Lieske, Christian" <christian.lieske@sap.com>
CC: public-i18n-its@w3.org

Hi Christian,

Lieske, Christian wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Thanks for looking into SVG print.
>
> Your information on existing SVG provisions which would allow for the use of
> ITS is very helpful.
> I sympathize with your proposal to attempt an explicit reference to ITS. Do
> you
> suggest to have this reference bound to SVG (as opposed to "bound SVG
> Tiny")?

SVG "full" 1.1. is a recommendation, so it's hard to get changes into it
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/
SVG "full" 1.2 is not in a stable state, AFAIK, see the "status" section
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVG12-20050413/
so we can't expect a lot of progress here. SVG tiny is the specification
in the SVG area which seems to me likely to make the fastest progress.
See again the "status" section at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-SVGMobile12-20060810/
These are the reasons why I proposed SVG Tiny.