From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 05:26
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: ACTION-54 Look into SVG Print

Hi all,

I looked into the SVG print LC WD and did not find anything we need to
comment on. There are examples with a <text> element like
 <text ...>Hello, out there</text>
but this is from the SVG namespace and not defined in the SVG print spec.

Nevertheless, we might comment on SVG Tiny. See

http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-SVGMobile12-20060810/elementTable.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-SVGMobile12-20060810/attributeTable.html

I think the following elements could use ITS local markup: <metadata> ,

Technically speaking, ITS can be used already in SVG, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-SVGMobile12-20060810/extend.html#ForeignNamespa
cesPrivateData

[[SVG allows inclusion of elements from foreign namespaces anywhere with
the SVG content. In general, the SVG user agent will include the unknown
elements in the DOM but will otherwise ignore unknown elements. (The
notable exception is described under Embedding Foreign Object Types.)
Extension elements in the SVG namespace must not be used.
Additionally, SVG allows inclusion of attributes from foreign namespaces
on any SVG element. The SVG user agent will include unknown attributes
in the DOM but will otherwise ignore unknown attributes.Unprefixed
attributes on elements in the SVG namespace must not be used for
extensions.]]

We still might propose to mention ITS explicitly, for the  important use
case of  i18n / l10n.

Felix