Assigning ids

Commenting on BP 19, Christian said:

> [...]

I think this is something we ought to discuss a little.

My inclination is to say that anything that counts for segmentation (see BP6) should have an id.  This will include embedded quotations etc.

Also, variables and embedded text in composite messages should have ids, as Christian says.

I don't think inline/phrasal elements like <em> need ids, if used properly.

RI