Re: Section on XHTML modularization

Hello Jirka again,

Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Hello Jirka, all,
>
> Jirka, many thanks for your feedback. I agree with all your explanations
> and will update the schema accordingly. I'll send a link to the update
> later.
>
> Jirka Kosek wrote:
>> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>>
>>> Please have a look at
>>> http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#integration-its-xhtmlmod
>>> and the files
>>> http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-module.xsd (ITS
>>> module relying on XHTML MOD)
>>> http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/xhtml-plus-its.xsd
>>> (driver to use that module with XHTML)
>> The current schema driver adds its:rules into html.content group which
>> means that its:rules could occur almost anywhere in XHTML file. I think
>> that it is more reasonable to allow it only inside head. This would
>> probably mean adding its:ruby into HeadOpts.mix group.

I agree, but the current schemas at /MarkUp/SCHEMA/ create errors if I
do that. I'm not sure why and would like to as the HTML WG (if you or
somebody else here doesn't know the answer).

>>> Note that the schemas are hand-crafted , the abstract definition as
>>> well. Please have a look for mistakes. There is one issue I don't know
>>> how to solve yet: what to do with existing HTML markup "dir" and "ruby"?
>> I think that for things which are handled by XHTML we should not add ITS
>> markup. The reason is that to XHTML "dir" and "ruby" will understand
>> each XHTML agent. But ITS "dir" and "ruby" will be recognized only by
>> specialized CAT software.
>>
>> I think that for such purposes section "5.1.3 Relating ITS to Existing
>> Markup in XHTML" is sufficient.
>>
>> Regarding ruby markup: In XHTML Basic 1.0 there is no ruby, it is only
>> in "full" XHTML 1.1. So I think that schema should also add its:ruby
>> into XHTML content models. Or we could base XHTML+ITS schema on XHTML
>> 1.1 -- but this version of XHTML is not supported by major browser :-(

I added an include of xhtml-ruby-1.xsd to the its-module.xsd schema and
referenced <html:ruby> from the type for <locNote>.